The practice of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery was originally
started by in Clarksville in 1975 by Dr. Ted McCurdy. He opened his
first office on Riverside Drive located in the same building with Dr. David
Morton, general dentist who is now retired. Later he then moved
the practice to a new location on Haynes Street near the Clarksville
Memorial Hospital. Dr. McCurdy practiced as the lone OMS in
Clarksville for many years taking care of a wide range of trauma, infections
and oral surgical problems.
Dr. Phillip Elledge joined the practice in 1994 after Dr. Elledge retired
from the U.S. Army. The practice name was called the Oral Surgery
Center until Dr. Elledge left the practice in 1998 to practice in Paris,
Dr. Terry Ellis decided to leave the Army in 1998 and open his practice
at our current location on 1718 Memorial Drive, formerly Hilldale Drugs
owned by the late Pat Cain. Drs. McCurdy & Ellis renovated the
1718 Memorial Drive office turning it into a state of the art
facility. In 2002 the practice opened a temporary location on Ft.
Campbell Boulevard and in November 2003 moved to a new second location
at 1275 Parkway Place.
In April 2009 Dr. Ellis purchased the practice from Dr. McCurdy after a
full 11 years in successful partnership. Dr. McCurdy retired in April
The new practice name is Clarksville Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, PLLC
but will operate as Ellis Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and
Implants. You can see the new logo below.